Pikes Peak Christian Church is proud to be hosting the Tim Tebow Foundation’s “A Night To Shine” a prom for people with special needs, ages 14 and older, from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm on February 10th, 2017. This free event will be an evening of faith, hope and love for teens 14+ and adults with special needs.
Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/
Click Here to Volunteer for Night to Shine at Pikes Peak Christian Church
Click Here to Attend Night to Shine at Pikes Peak Christian Church
If you would like to support this event through the donation of goods, services or finances, or if you have any questions about the event, please contact the Pikes Peak Christian Church Night To Shine planning committee at Night2Shine@
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: What are the training requirements for volunteers and buddies?
- A: All volunteers, to include buddies, are required to attend a training/walkthrough event at Pikes Peak Christian Church on one of the following dates: Saturday, January 7, 8:30 – 10:00 am, Tuesday, January 10, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Saturday, January 14, 8:30 – 10:00 am
- Q: As a volunteer, am I required to have a background check?
- A: Yes. Each volunteer will need to complete a background check and pay the minimal cost for the check. More information will be available on the Volunteer Registration Site.
- Q: As a volunteer, what do I need to bring with me on the night of the event?
- A: You will need to present a photo ID so that we can verify your background check when you arrive. We recommend you leave all other valuables locked in your car as there will not be a secure place to store them inside the church. We will have limited space for coats but they will not be locked up.
- Q: How much does it cost to attend?
- A: Nothing! We are thrilled to be able to bless our participants at no cost to them.
- Q: When do we need to sign up by?
- A: Attendee and volunteer registration is open now and will close on December 15th. We have limited space for both attendees and volunteers, so don’t delay. Sign up today!
- Q: What is the dress code for the event?
- A1: We want our attendees to be as comfortable as possible, so dress as fancy or as casual as you want. The ARC has graciously partnered with us to help provide dresses to those who would like them. You can contact them by calling 719-471-4800, M-Th 9am-5pm and F 9am-4pm.
- A2: For our volunteers, please wear the equivalent of a pair of nice, non-denim, pants (like kakis) and a button down shirt or your Night To Shine T-Shirt.
- Q: Where is this event being held?
- A: The event will be hosted at Pikes Peak Christian Church, 4955 Bradley Rd. Colorado Springs, CO 80911
- Q: I’m a volunteer, where do I go on the night of the event?
- A: Volunteers will enter through the building’s northeast door. More information will be provided at our training events.
- Q: Will there be food available for volunteers?
- A: Yes. More information will be provided at our training events.
- Q: Will there be food available for attendees?
- A: Yes. We will have a buffet-style dinner for attendees, their guests, and buddies during our Night to Shine event. Dinner will be at Pikes Peak Christian Church.
- Q: Are pictures allowed?
- A: Volunteers may take pictures in any of the common areas as there is no reasonable expectation of privacy in those areas. Volunteers are asked to refrain from taking photos in the quiet room, volunteer break room and the bathrooms. Additionally, if photos are posted on social media please be sensitive to our guests and do not tag them unless specific permission is granted. When posting, please include the hashtags #PPCChurch, #TTF and #NighttoShine.
- Q: What is the setup schedule?
- A: More information will be provided at our training events.