POSITION: Student Ministry Small Group Leader (msFUEL or hsFUEL)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Student Pastor
DESCRIPTION: Small Group Leaders are responsible for providing their groups with vision, direction, and support. Leaders are successful when they are personally growing in their intimacy with God, have community with fellow believers, influence with people outside of the church, and are leading their groups in such a way as to encourage the group members’ growth in these three relational areas as well.
MISSION STATEMENT: To build relationships and encourage students to become passionate followers of Jesus.
TIME COMMITMENT: 3-4 hours each week: 1½-2 hours at msFUEL (Sundays at 9:15am) or hsFUEL (Sundays at 6:30pm), 1-2 hours of contact work, follow up, encouragement, attending special events, etc.
1. Actively participate in weekly Sunday Morning Worship Service.
2. Be committed to maintaining unity by understanding and supporting the core values and beliefs of Pikes Peak Christian Church.
3. Have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
1. Plan ahead and be prepared for each small group meeting.
2. Pray for everyone in your group and your student pastor on a weekly basis.
3. Contact members of your group on a regular basis (contact work). This can be done through email, phone calls, one-on-one get-togethers, or going out with your students as a group. Build a sense of community amongst your group by assigning different group members different roles within the group (such as praying, leading icebreakers, etc.), caring for those who have special needs as they occur, and meeting for social events on a regular basis.
4. Prepare for small group lessons. Facilitate group discussions, questions, and challenges that will enable the group to grow deeper in their walk with Christ
5. When the opportunity arises, identify and develop potential leaders within your small group through mentoring.
6. Make yourself available to your group members for general pastoral care
If this is something you would be interested in please click here fill out our Next Gen Volunteer Application
Also, please look over and fill out our Small Group Application