Niños de Baja
Niños de Baja is a Christian-outreach ministry that serves children in Baja California, Mexico. We are 50 miles south of San Diego in El Porvenir, which is in the Guadalupe Valley. Called the “Napa” of Mexico, the valley is home to vineyards, wineries, olive orchards and farms. El Porvenir is a quiet farm town, and the people of El Porvenir provide farm labor for the valley.
In El Porvenir, Niños de Baja has provided:
- A children’s home for kids who are orphaned, abused or abandoned
- A daycare center for local working moms and migrant farm families
- Employment opportunities at our children’s home and daycare center
Assistance to the community including:
- An addition to the town library
- A one-room school & a multi-purpose building for the primary school
- Playground equipment for both schools
- Supplies & books for the library & schools
- A variety of outreach programs including
- Vacation Bible School during the summer
- Summer sports & crafts at the park
- Assistance in upgrading or repairing homes
- Regular distributions of clothing & household items
- Food for the needy
- “Shoebox” gifts & Spanish-language Bibles for kids at Christmas
For churches and individuals in the U.S., we offer the opportunity to:
- Come to Porvenir for short-term, international mission trips
- Become a short-term or long-term intern
- Develop an ongoing relationship with us & be part of our mission
- Join our volunteer support team in the U.S.
Our only employees are the Mexican staff and caregivers who work at our children’s home and daycare center. Everyone from the U.S. who works for Niños is a volunteer. This includes our mission directors (missionaries), U.S. directors and U.S. support team, and our governing board of directors.
For more information, call our U.S. Directors, Darryl and Judy Lloyd, at 805-499-0462. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Niños de Baja. Your prayers and support make our mission possible.