We believe that the single most important item of faith is what one believes about Jesus Christ. Entrance into the kingdom of God is totally dependent on that. However, as churches function, it’s important to clarify other significant beliefs among that body of believers so there is unity in the teaching.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ—His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His reconciling death for all people, His resurrection from the dead, His ascension to heaven, and His return in power and glory.
- We believe the Bible is without error and the authority for all we believe and practice.
- We believe salvation is by the grace of God, apart from any personal merit, and is the common need of all people, who have sinned and fallen short of God’s standards. Salvation is through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe the appropriate response of faith to the grace of God is that we repent of sin, confess Christ as Lord, are baptized (immersed) in His Name, and continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Whose indwelling presence empowers and directs the Christian to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection from the dead, with believers inheriting eternal life with Christ and unbelievers facing judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe marriage is an exclusive, life-long covenant between a man and a woman and that sexual intimacy should be confined to those who have entered into that publically recognized union.